VLC media player is one of the well known media players amongst all
and it is very easy to use too. But apart from playing songs and other
stuffs, vlc got some hidden tricks which you might don't know. Below are
some listed hidden tricks of vlc, let's see how many tricks you already
know and how many you don't.
☼ Play Jigsaw Puzzle Game :
1) Play any video.
2) Goto Tools -- Effects & Filters -- Video Effects -- Geometry
-- Enable Puzzle Game -- Select number of columns and rows on screen.
3) Now see the effect.
☼ Record Videos :
1) Click on View -- Advanced Control.
2) Now you can see Record button just above play and pause buttons.
☼ Play RAR Files :
VLC can play videos zipped inside RAR files. They play like normal
video and you can use the seek bar also. If the rar file is split into
several files then no problem, just load the first part (part 01.rar)
and it will automatically take the rest of the parts and you can play
☼ Listen Online Radio :
1) Goto Media -- Services -- Discovery -- Shoutcast radio listings.
2) Now open the playlist and browse the stations.
☼ Play in ASCII Mode :
1) Open VLC and click on Tools -- Preferences.
2) Option the tab 'VIDEO' and under 'OUTPUT' select 'COLOR ASCII ART VIDEO OUTPUT' from the drop down menu.
3) Save it & play and see the changes.
☼ Convert Formats Of Audios & Videos :
1) Goto Media -- Convert/Save.
2) Load the file you want to convert using ADD button and click Convert.